Marc R. May has practiced law for over 35 years, with special emphasis on family law matters. During his career, he has represented thousands of clients in cases involving divorce, complex property division, child support and visitation, adoption, paternity, modification and other family law matters. Marc is experienced, hardworking and dedicated in his efforts to offer quality family law representation. He has been certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1986, and has been committed to protecting the rights of his clients and their children ever since. He has been selected by his peers as a Texas SuperLawyer consecutively for the past ten years.
Marc consistently helps clients achieve outcomes that are in their best interests and the best interests of their children. As a parent, Marc understands the possible emotional impact that family law can have on children. When the issues involve children, he works diligently to achieve a resolution that is best for them.
Marc May is well versed in all aspects of family law and aggressively pursues his clients’ interests through the use of his skills as a litigator and negotiator. His approach involves taking an aggressive stand when necessary. At the same time, he understands the value of resolving matters amicably, if possible. To that end, he often uses alternative dispute resolution methods, such as mediation, in an attempt to negotiate fair and equitable settlements for his clients.
During his career, Marc has also been involved in assisting clients with multifaceted divorces involving the division of substantial assets, closely held family businesses, and investments of significant value. He is committed to helping clients preserve the assets they have built and protect their resources.
Marc understands that during the legal process, you will be faced with numerous choices and options. He firmly believes that open communication with his clients is crucial in order to achieve the best possible results. As your legal representative, he will keep you informed to help you understand the potential consequences of any choice or legal action. Together, he will work with you to reach decisions designed to achieve the best possible outcome under the circumstances of your case.
Marc has been repeatedly recognized by the legal community for his excellence in both legal skill and ethical practice. Whether it is assisting you in negotiations, preparing correct legal documentation or taking your case to court, Marc will provide the highest quality, most creative, and strongest representation possible.
In addition to his family law practice, Marc also represents clients in commercial litigation and personal injury matters.
- May and May Attorneys at Law, shareholder
- Woods, May & Matlock, P.C., shareholder
- Gay, McCall, Isaacks, Gordon, May & Roberts, P.C., partner
- Law Offices of Marc R. May, P.C., shareholder
Bar & Court Admission
- State Bar of Texas, 1980
- Admitted to practice before all trial courts in the State Of Texas, Texas Courts of Appeals and Supreme Court of Texas
Certifications & Recognitions
- Board Certified, Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1986
- AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Texas Super Lawyer for Family Law, 2009–2019 (Thomson-Reuters publication)
Professional Memberships & Activities
- Texas Academy of Family Specialists
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section
- Collin County Bar Association
- Frisco Bar Association
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence, cum laude, 1980
- Angelo State University, Bachelor of Business Administration, 1977